Are you driving home for Christmas? Well wouldn’t this crochet ornament look so very splendid on your tree. The classic little red car has a jaunty fir tree on its roof.
ENGLISH WRITTEN CROCHET PATTERN
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A DIGITAL CROCHET PATTERN AND THE NOT THE FINISHED ORNAMENT!
An English crochet PATTERN to make this CHRISTMAS CAR to decorate your Christmas tree
Actual size – Approximately 17cm tall from toe to cuff and 12cm wide
◊ Suitable for a beginner with assistance – but please take care with reading the instructions
The crochet pattern – working in the round in amigurumi style, and then working in rows to create the bonnet/hood. There is one photograph on the front of the pattern and images of each side of the car – the pattern is 4 A4 pages.
NOTE: Please don’t confuse this CROCHET PATTERN with a crocheted CAR
MATERIALS YOU WILL NEED:
- Sirdar Happy Cotton – Lippy (789) 1 x 20g (A)
- Sirdar Happy Cotton – Stomp (774) 1 x 20g (B)
- Sirdar Happy Cotton – Treetop (780) 1 x 20g (C)
- Sirdar Happy cotton – 1m in each of Liquorice (775) (D) and Quack (788) (E)
- 1m of striped twine to hold your tree to the top of the car.
- 3.5mm hook, stuffing, tapestry needle & stitchmarker
Stitches Used: Double crochet, Magic Ring, Increasing (dc2inc)