I designed my first campervan doorstop as a special birthday present for a friend who had always wanted to own her very own. Over the years this doorstop pattern has proved to be my most popular pattern. I have revised this pattern to incorporate some improvements to the design suggested by my blog followers.
This pattern combines simple double crochet with basic sewing techniques. You could personalize the campervan by embroidering the initials of the recipient onto the license plate.
Height of finished object should be 20cm / 8″.
The pattern is written in UK terms and is a downloadable PDF
To complete the finished campervan you will also need:
- Rico Design Essentials Cotton DK, 50g/130m/142yd
- A = Turquoise (033) x 1
- B = White (80) x 1
- C = Patina (044) x 1
- A small amount of Dark Jeans (085)
- Remnants of bright colours for flower decorations
- 3mm crochet hook
- Tapestry needle
- Toy stuffing
- 4 large black buttons, approx 6cm diameter
- 4 x small white buttons
- 2 x small orange buttons
- some grey, white and yellow felt