An easy and satisfying start to your new crochet life – premier version. Everything you need to get started with crochet, with extra stripey project bag and beautiful needlework scissors.
I’m often asked what you should buy someone who is wanted to learn to crochet. It occurred to me – why don’t I put the perfect gift set together?
The kit includes a signed copy of my book ‘How to Crochet‘. My knitting shop friends tell me it is their favourite book to recommend to beginners. It guides you from the very first steps to quite advanced techniques and complete projects using clear illustrations and photographs.
The projects are the types of items you really want to make.
- My book ‘How to Crochet‘, personally signed.
- 50g of Sirdar Haworth Tweed double-knitting (DK) yarn, this is 50 % and 50% nylon and will be perfect to complete the amigurumi bunny featured in the book.
- You will also get my favourite 3.5mm crochet hook – Clover Soft Touch. This is a good all round size for beginners. The kit also contains the toy stuffing and the plastic toy eyes in order to complete the bunny.
- The kit also contains 2 x 20g of 100% cotton yarn in a dk weight perfect for practising new crochet stitches and trying out granny squares.
- You will also get a tapestry needle so that you can sew in the ends and completely finish off your new creations.
- Beautiful stripey project bag to keep this and your future projects safe and sound.
- High quality stork-style needlework scissors (the brand that I use daily).
The book is written in UK crochet terminology, although it does include an explanation of US crochet terminology.